If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Paleo Granola

Paleo Granola

Here is the recipe I am trying today - found it on the magical internet. I will let you know how it turns out.

Paleo Granola

5 cups nuts and seeds (pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, pecans, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
2tsp vanilla
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
mix honey, oil, vanilla and spices in saucepan until boiling. Remove from heat and cool. Spread nuts over greased cookie sheet and pour honey mixture over nuts. Mix it around to get well coated then bake at 300 for 30 minutes. After it has cooled slightly move to a bowl and Mix in coconut and fruit. * If you want to make bars mix it with almond or sunflower butter and press into a pan and pop in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment