Chicken Bowl - Great recipe from Alicia H. Keep those recipes coming!!
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 chicken thigh, excess fat removed
- 2 slices of bacon
- baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook whole sweet potatoe in microwave (4-8 min depending on watts).
- Add your two slices of bacon to frying pan.
- Salt and pepper both sides of your chicken thigh.
- As soon as some of the fat begins to render in your pan, push the bacon to one side and place your chicken thigh into the bacon fat.
- Cook chicken and bacon on one side for about 4-5 minutes, then flip.
- Your bacon will cook a bit faster, so once it is done, place your sweet potato in a bowl and top it with bacon.
- To finish the chicken thigh through, add a tablespoon of water and cover for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Do what I do, check before you much.
- In the last minute or so, add a handful of baby spinach leaves
- Add chicken thigh to your bowl.
- Last but not least, grab a fork and knife and cut it all up. Mix it all together.
- Top with a pinch of salt and pepper.
I (personally) scoop my sweet potato out of the skin before putting it in the bowl. I love this recipe because I can make it for myself for a quick meal but it would be easy to quadruple and make for the family. The picture (and original recipe) doesn't include cooked spinach. I added it to get my greens in and thought it was delicious.