If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Power Fuel Wrap


Hey Folks, back from a long weekend in Winter Park, Florida with Margaret and Nikki for our Crossfit Level 1 cerfication. Great weekend! While we did not stay strict to Paleo this weekend, we had some AWESOME food and I came back with a couple of non-paleo meals that I will attempt to tweak for the cavemen followers out there. First up is The Power Fuel Sandwich - peanut butter, strawberries, granola, and drizzled honey served in a pita.


Power Fuel Wrap

Wrap Ingredients:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 Tbspn flaxseed meal

Filling:
1 banana
2 strawberries
chopped pecans or paleo granola
drizzle of honey
2 Tbspn sunflower butter or almond butter
For wraps - mix ingredients and heat up a non-stick mini pan or full sized pan. Spray with pam if you have any sticking issue with your pan. For the mini pan pour in 1/2 the batter and tip pan around until full bottom is covered in thin layer of batter. turn when edges start curling up -(use a non-metal spatula) cook on other side until set and slide onto plate. Repeat with rest of batter or make one big crepe style wrap with a big pan. Spread wrap(s) with sunflower or almond butter, top with banana slices and strawberry slices, drizzle with a small amount of honey and sprinkle chopped pecans or paleo granola on top. Fold in half, roll, or just dig in!

3 comments:

  1. I really shouldn't read this blog at work where I don't have the means to make it immediately!!

    Sounds GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try it tomorrow morning for breakfast. I don't have strawberries, so I am going to try blueberries. I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie was spot on with the blueberries - they are amazing as well. This recipe really is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete