If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Egg Nog Shake

Two posts in a week - can you believe it!  Ariel inspired me to concoct a paleo friendly eggnog shake, so, I here it goes.  Drinking it as I type and it is delish.  I have become a big fan of the whipped vanilla flavor BSN Dessert Protein powder, so you will see it in alot of my recipes.  Feel free to substitute with the vanilla protein powder of your choice.

Eggnog Shake

1 scoop whipped vanilla BSN Dessert Protein Powder
1 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tbspn ground flaxseed meal
1 raw egg
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp rum extract
1 tbspn honey
4 ice cubes

Stir the protein powder and milk together before pouring in the blender.  Add flaxseed meal, egg (don't do this if you are aftraid of Salmonella - I have eaten enough cookie dough over the years that I feel like I am immune), nutmeg, rum extract, honey,  and ice cubes.  Blend and serve in a festive cup with christmas music playing in the background and a fire roaring in the fireplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment