If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Monday, November 28, 2011

Avocado Chicken Salad

Posting again, had a great idea to use up the turkey leftovers. Of course since I got home late all the turkey was gone so I went back to the original plan - chicken.  I have this all made up for tomorrow nights meal and am planning on serving it on a bed of spinach

Avocado Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
4 cooked chicken breasts (I ripped apart a rotisserie chicken)
2 ripe avocados
1 stalk of celery
1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1/4 cup avocado oil or mayo
2 tbspn lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Dice chicken and avocado into bite size pieces and chop celery into a very small dice.  Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed but avocado still is somewhat chunky.  Either serve immediately or refrigerate for later.  Serve in a lettuce wrap, over spinach or naked.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me! Although, if you wait too long won't the avacados turn brown? That's happened to me on numerous occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this one night, and ate it the next two evenings and it was fine. I think the lemon juice helps this along with storing in an airtight container. Two days is probably all you will get though. It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete