If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Skillet Butternut Squash and Greens

And the recipes keep coming! Thanks to some faithful paleo eaters I have been getting more good ideas. Melissa K tried this one the other night and I am a sucker for butternut squash so I can't wait to try it. This one comes from Everyday Paleo, a great site with lots of great recipes.

Skillet Butternut Squash and Greens
1 lb bacon, diced
1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
1 bunch chard, diced
1 zucchini, diced
Drizzle of olive oil
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Using a potato peeler, peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (you can get a bag of precut butternut squash at trader joes). Place in a large pan and cover with water. Boil for 5-7 minutes or until the squash is tender but not mushy (I recommend roasting in the oven for 20 min instead)
. While the squash is boiling, cook the diced bacon in a large skillet until browned. Drain the butternut squash and add to the cooked diced bacon along with the chard and zucchini. Saute for another couple of minutes until the chard is wilted. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment