If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Has it really been 10 days since I posted last? I truly apologize, life gets in the way sometimes. Needless to say my eating has not been stellar lately, but I am ready to regroup and jump back on that paleo wagon. Tonight is a crockpot night with Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. Here is the recipe, I will let you know how it turns out.

Also, I have been hearing lots of yummy meals are being made by the next level challenge participants - would love to post some of these if you find some good ones. Dawn has a chicken pizza I will post - the crust is a pounded thin chicken breast - yumm!

One last link - pretty funny you tube video on memory - any of you over 40 people might relate. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSaoN2LdfU

Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
1-2 pork loins (mine came 2 in a pack)
2 apples chopped
4 celery stalks chopped
1/3 cup pecans chopped
1/4 cup dried cherries chopped
nutmeg
garam masala
1/4 cup apple juice

chop apples, celery, pecans, and cherries in chopper. Mix with spices, 2Tbspn apple juice. Butterfly pork tenderloins and beat thin between two sheets of waxed paper. Divide stuffing between 2 loins and rollup, place seam side down in crockpot (tie up if you have string). Top with remaining stuffing that didnt fit and pour rest of apple juice on top. Cook on low 8-10 hours. I served with roasted butternut squash and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment