If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sausage "Pizza"

Long time no blog! Vacation has curtailed my paleo cooking, but I am back in the kitchen and ready to cook. I defrosted Italian Turkey Sausage links tonight and decided sausage pizza would be the only way I could get the rest of the family to eat the sausage. I used eggs as the crust and did add cheese to the kids half (ok, to my half too, I like cheese!) But you can do this recipe strict paleo if you please. Here is the recipe - everyone went back for seconds!


Sausage Pizza


Ingredients:

1 pkg turkey italian sausage

10 eggs mushrooms sliced

spinach

any other vegis you like to add to pizza

mozzerella cheese

salt and pepper to taste

Spray pan with pam and cook sausage links for 5 min each side. Then cut in slices and cook until no longer pink. Crack eggs in bowl and whisk. Pour in a cookie sheet with sides ( I have a pampered chef stone cookie sheet that is perfect for this). Top with sausage, vegis and cheese and season. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Remove when eggs are set. Slice and serve. I served with fruit salad. yummmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. I've seen recipes for a "cauliflower" pizza crust. Basically you rice the cauliflower, add some cheese and eggs; I'm not sure of the portions, but people swear by it.

    Might be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete