If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Steak and Carmelized Peach Salad

Anyone else in total peach mode lately? Peaches are perfect right now and the new carmelized peach salad at California Pizza Kitchen inspired me to play around with peaches for dinner tonight. I threw together a bunch of my favorite ingredients and came up with a FANTASTIC summer salad. I would put this up to CPK any day of the week.



Steak and Carmelized Peach Salad

3/4 pound beef stir fry meat (I bought presliced bottom round steak from Walmart - Skirt steak or any type of lean steak sliced thin)

2 peaches
bag of spinach

handful of pecans

1/4 cup of feta cheese, goat cheese, or no cheese for the paleo purists

handful of dried cherries

1/2 avacado sliced

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

optional seasoning - smokehouse maple grillmates seasoning


cut peaches in half, remove pit and place cut side down on cooking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 15 min. Pour 1/2 the oil in a pan and saute the steak until cooked through (I seasoned meat with smokehouse maple and salt) . Remove from heat. cut steak in bite sized pieces, and add the rest of the oil and balsamic vinegar. Pour meat and warm dressing into bowl with spinach, cheese, nuts, cherries, avacado. Remove peaches from oven and cut in chunks and toss in salad. I did use a little extra balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (Panera brand).

No comments:

Post a Comment