If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chicken with Blueberry Sauce


This recipe popped up on my daily email from Allrecipes.com and looked tasty so I thought I would give it a whirl. Nice use of savory and sweet and blueberries season is just ending so I wanted to get this one in while I could still find good blueberries.



Chicken with Blueberry Sauce

4 chicken breasts (I would pound out butterfly if they are too thick)

1 tbspn olive oil

1/2 cup spreadable fruit (I used peach preserves)

3 Tbspn dijon mustard (I used my favorite Trader Joes Garlic Mustard Aoili)

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup blueberries

1.In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for about 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine preserves and mustard; spoon over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
2.With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and keep warm. Add vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third, stirring occasionally. Stir in blueberries.

1 comment:

  1. I was a little worried when I put the vinegar in, as I hate the smell of vinegar; but the dish was delicious! Even my husband, who hates fruit-flavored foods, raved about it and asked me to make more of it next time. :)

    ReplyDelete