If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dare I tempt you with a couple of Paleoish yet non-whole 30 recipes to get back into a little more relaxed eating?  Maggie passed a great chocolate chip cookie recipe to me that I just whipped up and it is super easy.  Yes, chocolate chip cookies are on my "Worth It" list because they make me happy, so I thought it would be best to find a recipe that is somewhat paleo and makes a relatively small batch so I am not tempted to scarf down large quantities.



GAPS Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 ¾ almond flour
  • ¼ cup vanilla honey or (¼ honey + 1 tsp vanilla)
  • ¾ cup chocolate chips 
  • ¼ cup clarified butter or coconut oil (softened)
  • ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt 
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
  3. Mix all ingredients together in one bowl (except chocolate chips).
  4. Add in chocolate chips.
  5. Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough with a spoon (I use a measuring spoon) and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Keep 3 inches of space between each cookie. Press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
  6. Bake for 6-10 minutes. The cookie should just be a little golden brown on the bottom. Do not over cook!
  7. Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet (or else they will be too soft to pick up). These cookies should stay soft when cool.
  8. Eat with a smile! Yum 

Another great recipe that was passed along by Karen is a Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.  This one has cheese, but spaghetti squash takes the place of the pasta.  If dairy is what you plan to reintroduce first this sounds like an excellent choice.

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna


1 comment:

  1. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies! I have 3 more days then I can make them next week. I am going to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete