GAPS Chocolate Chip CookiesIngredients:
- 1 ¾ almond flour
- ¼ cup vanilla honey or (¼ honey + 1 tsp vanilla)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup clarified butter or coconut oil (softened)
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in one bowl (except chocolate chips).
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough with a spoon (I use a measuring spoon) and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Keep 3 inches of space between each cookie. Press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes. The cookie should just be a little golden brown on the bottom. Do not over cook!
- Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet (or else they will be too soft to pick up). These cookies should stay soft when cool.
- Eat with a smile! Yum
Another great recipe that was passed along by Karen is a Spaghetti Squash Lasagna. This one has cheese, but spaghetti squash takes the place of the pasta. If dairy is what you plan to reintroduce first this sounds like an excellent choice.