If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Friday, February 8, 2013

Fried Egg and Brussel Sprout Skillet Breakfast

I am a creature of habit, and my new go-to easy breakfast is a Fried Egg Brussel Sprout Skillet creation.  YES, I eat brussel sprouts for breakfast and I love them - just try it!! This takes about 10 minutes to whip up and it provides my protein vegis and fat and fills me up.

Fried Egg Brussel Sprout Skillet Breakfast

Ingredients:
about 8 brussel sprouts - end cut off and chopped
2 slices bacon (try to use good quality since you are leaving in the fat)
salt and pepper
2 eggs
1/2 avacado

Cut up bacon into bite size pieces and cook in skillet until about half way done.  Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper and cover, stirring occasionally for about 5 min. When bacon looks done and sprouts are soft crack two eggs on top and recover.  Turn off heat after 1-2 min and leave covered until eggs are set to your liking. I serve with avacado on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment