If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sadly it has been months since I have posted on this Paleo blog as life has gotten busy and I have gotten lazy in my Paleo ways.  But now I have no more excuses, BARx CrossFit will be participating in the Lurong Paleo Challenge starting September 16th and I am ready to dust off my Paleo Recipe book and start practicing what I preach.  There are some great resources out there and I am not going to take the time to go into detail on why you should give this challenge a try, except - what do you have to lose?  8 weeks of eating healthy and  seeing what good food can do for your body composition, energy, athletic performance, and recovery.

I will in my best effort try to post all of the recipes I experiment with over the next two months.  I will not be reinventing the wheel, so there will be links to the places I find these recipes as well as reposting some of the tried and true recipes that I have used in the past.  This morning starts off with Crispy Pork Egg Squares.

Crispy Pork Egg Squares

Ingredients:
Left over Pulled Pork tenderloin*
eggs
salt and pepper
Avacado

I filled the bottom of a mini loaf pan with pork but you could use a muffin pan as well. Crack an egg on top and bake at 375 for 20-25 min.  There was enough meat for 4 squares today and I wrapped up the leftovers to get me through the rest of the week.  Everything is better with avacado so I topped it with 1/2 an avacado and sprinkled a little Franks Red Hot on top.  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment