If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Monday, April 16, 2012

OK CFVP peeps, some of us have decided to embark on the Whole 30 plan for a month starting sometime this week!  I am proud of those of you who are willing to commit to a full 30 days of clean eating and I hope this experience brings some major results and positive lifestyle changes to you all.  I am ready to dig in starting today and will be blogging my food as well as hoping you all will comment back with your food choices, recipes, meal ideas, questions, etc.  If you are interested in joining in on the bandwagon click on the whole 30 plan and read up on what you can and cannot eat.  Shoot me an email at stephanie@crossfitvalleypark.com and I will add you to the distribution list.  Want to wager on your results?  We will be having two pools you can buy into - weight loss and increased performance.  Take your pick or throw your hat in the ring for both - $10 buy in for each.

The
Day 1 Breakfast for me was a two egg omelet with ham and cherry tomatoes and some canteloupe. Grocery shopping is on the agenda for today - lets get some feedback on good breakfast ideas!

**I will be posting my food log (click food log tab) - partly to keep me honest and partly to help give ideas of what a sample day of eating can look like.  Your tastes may vary from mine, so don't feel like you have to eat what I eat!! 

2 comments:

  1. Is dried fruit a no-no on this? I ask because a lot of dried fruit has sugar in it. I'm just trying to figure this all out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dried fruit is ok in moderation. think of it as a condiment - dried cherries, dates, dried apricots, raisins - all can be used in small quantities

    ReplyDelete