If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, April 21, 2012

Paleo Pancakes

City Mayhem run this morning and I was CRAVING my pancakes that I have given up for 30 days because they have my favorite protein powder which is off limits due to sucralose, whey, and soy.  So, found a great recipe on Mark's Daily Apple for Paleo Pancakes.  They were delish and gave me just the energy I needed for a great race!

Paleo Pancakes
2 mashed bananas
2 eggs
1/4 cup almond or sunflower butter
2 tbspn flaxseed (my addition)

mash banana and mix in eggs then flaxseed and nut butter. Spray small pancake pan with pam and spoon in 1/3 of batter.  Cook covered with lid until top is bubbly and sides are coming away from pan.  Flip and cook 1-2 more minutes.  Repeat with rest of batter.  Top with fresh berries. 

1 comment:

  1. I had Ryan run out and buy bananas just so I could make this recipe, haha. Do you have any recipes for asparagus, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete