If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 5 - Thursday

5:00am - banana and sunflower butter

5:30 - crossfit - 5X5 oh presses with wtd lunges and skin the cat 58 lbs - tried 63 - just couldnt do it. WOD 3 rounds of 500m row and 15 burpees 6:09 I think - heart was pumping!

7:15 - chicken, spaghetti squash and trader joes punjab spinach sauce. good sauce, not as spicy as the curry - is some milk in the ingredients though if you are staying pure paleo. Papaya

8:15 - went and cancelled out my golds membership (still active until july) - I guess I am now officially a crossfitter! Did tabatas on bike 20 sec on:10 sec off - 1o rounds for speed, 10 hill rounds. Swam 500 meters easy. Hydromassager.

9:30 larabar

I am cooking a turkey in the crockpot - hope it turns out

1:00 - fuji apple chicken salad breadco and diet coke

6:00 - crockpot turkey turned out great. Just took a whole turkey and rubbed one package of lipton soup mix over and under skin. cut up an onion to put in cavity and sprinkled with thyme, oregano, onion powder. Cooked on high one hour then low for 7. Removed skin and served - fall off the bone tender. Served with Cauliflower "Brown Rice" - just put a cauliflower head in the food processor and pulsed until it was the consistency of couscous. heated 1Tbsn of olive oil in a pan and sauteed one of the onions from the turkey - add cauliflower and season with garlic and onion powder and paprika. Good substitute for rice. Also had summer squash

8:00 - tried to make a paleo dessert concoction - processed raisins, apricots, walnuts - added cocoa powder, coconut, almond butter. - Tasty and rich but didnt really hold together in a brownie like I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment