If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Thursday, January 10, 2013

Couple of thoughts on sausage.  Several of my recipes I have been trying lately have sausage, and I am not feeling good about the quality of sausage out in my supermarket.  One alternative I have tried is some bison sausage  that I picked up at Local Harvest.  It comes in sausage casings, but I removed the casing and cooked it up to go into my heavenly hash and it is soooo good.  The flavor is fantastic and no sugar or funky ingredients.  Sara B forwarded me this email on homemade sausage, so I thought I might give this one a try as well.
http://www.foodrenegade.com/homemade-breakfast-sausage-patties/

Speaking of sausage, I spent the afternoon with two of my partners in crime and we had a food prep afternoon.  Lisa picked 4 recipes, sent us the shopping list and supplied all the spices and we prepped some great dinners to keep us eating Whole 30 the rest of the week!  The Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are addictive and a great app to bring anywhere.

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Ingredients:
1 lb mushrooms (pull out stem)
1 lb sausage (pork or bison or beef)
6 slices bacon (half cooked)
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp creole
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup almond meal
mix sausage and all spices and almond meal with hands and stuff mushrooms with sausage mixture. put a small 1 inch piece of bacon on top of each cap and bake at 375 12-15 min or until meat slightly separates from mushroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment