If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, January 5, 2013

Website of the day - nomnompaleo.com.  This site is posting recipes everyday for the whole30 challenge and has some great info.  Check it out!

So, I am posting my food journal again on the food log tab above for anyone who is curious as to what I am eating throughout this venture.  I have found that if I have a set of go-to meals that I can whip up pretty easily then I do not get too freaked out when I am hungry.  One of my favorite lunch options is what I am going to call "Steph's ColeSlaw Dump Salad". I eat this probably three lunches a week and it fills me up and is easy to whip together.

Ingredients:
Tri-color bagged coleslaw (shredded cabbage)
1/2 avacado
chicken breast, pork chop, steak - whatever meat I have left over
sliced mushrooms
cherry tomatoes
walnuts
kalamata olives if I have them
olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Play around with this and dump what you want.  I will frequently throw in any leftover roasted butternut squash or vegis that I have had from the night before.  Leftovers are so important!  Make plenty of everything and get friendly with the tupperware containers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment