If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Quite possibly the BEST thing I have made so far.  You have to like salmon and shrimp, but this roasted Salmon and shrimp chowder is fantastic!! I made this with leftover salmon I had baked two nights before, and some cooked shrimp that I picked up at the shrimp bar.  If you are a chowder lover you must try it.

Salmon and Shrimp Chowder
15 shrimp (I got cooked and chilled from the shrimp bar at schnucks)
3 slices of bacon
1 shallot chopped
1 tbspn fresh dill
2 turnips chopped into bite size pieces
2 cups chicken stock
1 salmon fillet (I baked salmon for dinner the night before and had it leftover)
1 can full fat coconut milk
sea salt and pepper

Heat oven to 385. Toss turnips, shallots, dill, salt and pepper and lay in single layer on pan with bacon on top cut in bite size pieces.Roast for 20-25 min and stir occasionally. Heat chicken stock on stove and add roasted vegis and bacon, cook on med heat until boiling. Stir in 1 can coconut milk and 1 tspn arrow root powder. Continue stirring and add in shrimp and salmon at end until heated through.

With it being so cold I think soup has been on our mind. Bhairavi sent a great Cream of Broccoli soup recipe from nom nom paleo

Cream of Broccoli Soup

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last soup recipe for today is from Ann and is a Beef Vegetable Soup
 

VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
1.5 lbs extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 cup chopped onions
1 jar (24-26oz.) organic spaghetti sauce. I used Schnuck's "Full Circle" Portabella
2 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes with zesty green chilies
2 cans of beef broth
1 lb. frozen mixed vegetables (I used the Asian mix with asparagus, green beans, carrots, yellow squash, celery and mushrooms)
1 tsp. pepper
1 cup water

In a large pot, cook the beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink. Drain grease. Dump in all ingredients except for the veggies and bring to a boil. Stir in the frozen vegetables and lower the heat to low to medium. Cook for an hour (covered) stirring occassionally. NOTE: I usually make this with turkey and can't tell the difference.

























No comments:

Post a Comment