Ok, enough of my soap box. For those of you that are in, I am going to review some of things that need to happen during the next week and how we are going to keep the information flow moving through this challenge.
1. Read up on all the Whole 30 links listed in the last post and get your head wrapped around what this diet is all about.
2. Clean out your pantry and fridge and figure out what you want to eat for first 3 or 4 days. Make a shopping list
3. Figure out your goals S.M.A.R.T. - specific, measurable, attainable, relevent, timely. Here is a list of one of our members (she posted it on facebook so I hope its ok to share)
Here are my top 10 fitness goals for 2013.
- Deadlift my body weight by 3.1.2013
- Complete an unassisted pull-up by 5.1.2013
- Run a sub-4 marathon by 12.31.2013
- Back squat my body weight by 3.1.2013
- Improve tightness in hips, upper body and ankles via MobilityWod daily.
- Navigate to 115 lbs while following the Paleo diet by 6.1.2013
- Get my double-unders by 4.1.2013
- Improve core strength to support muscle-ups by 12.31.2013
- Perform workouts at the prescribed weight by 6.1.2013
- Perform in a CrossFit competition by 12.31.2013
4. Come in to CFVP to get weighed, measured and baseline performance numbers. Wear something that shows your figure (sports bra ladies, we dont have to show the pics to anyone) - you will appreciate seeing the difference when you have awesome results.
5. Pick a start date, a buddy, and GO!
I will be subscribing to the whole 30 daily newsletter and forwarding it on to all participants that join the challenge. Along with this I will shoot out any recipes, tips, etc that you all want to share, so email me recipe links, pictures, questions, and tips and I will make sure the info gets out.
Here is breaksfast for me Day 1 - Crockpot Breakfast Casserole from Paleomg.com
I cooked it on low for 5 hours and it was amazing! Will try this again with other meats and adding more vegis. Definitely an easy way to have breaksfast ready for the family in the morning - especially if you all are eating at different times.