If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Monday, January 7, 2013



Picked up my first box of localish food from Local Harvest and am hit with some vegi's that I have never cooked before.  So, I gladly accept the challenge!  Here is a picture and a full list of what was in this week's paleo box in case you are interested. 
Contents:
pumpkin (yes, a whole pumpkin)
turnips
shitake mushrooms
shallots
ground pork
duck eggs
avacado
pecans
cider
carrots
onion
collard greens
rosemary

For dinner I decided to use the collard greens, shitake mushrooms, onion, and rosemary. My dinner for one since the rest of my family is having a cheesy lasagna and garlic bread (no, of course Im not bitter!!) was a Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast and Sauteed Collard Greens. The chicken was outstanding and the collard greens were a nice switch from sauteed spinach.  If anyone else gets the basket this week I would love to hear what you do with everything!

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Apple, Figs, and Rosemary
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 apple
4 dried figs
4 slices bacon
fresh rosemary
salt and pepper

Pound breasts thin and line with rosemary, sliced apple and sliced fig. roll up and wrap each breast with two slices of bacon.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 min .

Collard Greens
Ingredients:
1 bunch of collard green leaves torn
1/4 onion chopped
1 slice bacon
4 shitake mushrooms
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tbspn olive oil
salt and pepper

Cut up bacon in bite size pieces and cook in pan. Add onions and saute, add mushrooms tomatoes and collard greens and continue to saute for 5 min Covered. Turn off heat and stir with olive oil. Leave covered 5 addl minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment