If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Last night I made some roasted turnips and shallots from my local harvest box and they were delish!  I had never had turnips before, so I had no idea what to expect.  Very easy to prepare, just like peeling a potato. Here is the recipe

Roasted Turnips and Shallots with Rosemary
Ingredients:
2 turnips, peeled and cubed
1 shallot end sliced off and sliced
1 tbspn clarified butter
fresh rosemary
salt and pepper

Mix together and lay out in one layer on baking sheet.  Roast at 375 for 20-25 min.

Some other great recipes - Gnat sent me a beautiful looking burrito that she and Herb made the other night with their collard greens. They experimented a little and Gnat had salmon and Herb feasted on pork. Here is a the recipe and a picture:
 
http://houseofskip.blogspot.com/2012/01/paleo-burritos-aka-stuff-collard-greens.html

Tomorrow I am off to Lisa M's house to have a food prep party.  We have stuffed mushrooms, Creamy Tarragon Chicken, and Mustard Tarragon Unpotato and tomato salad that all sound interesting. I will post pics of our creations soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment