If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Friday, January 25, 2013

Hamburger and Butternut Squash Curry

When life gets busy I go back to crockpot mode and look for easy dump recipes.  This one was a quick creation that turned out really good so I am sharing.  When you have some time cook up some ground beef and place it in quart size ziploc bags and freeze it. Then you have ready meat for whenever you need to make something in a pinch. I am a big fan of curry and if you like curry you will love this. If you don't like curry - your loss! I have to put the leftovers in smaller containers so I don't eat it all in one sitting!

Hamburger and Butternut Squash Curry

2 ziploc baggies of frozen cooked ground hamburger
(about a pound)
1 jar Trader Joe's Curry Sauce
1 butternut squash cubed (can buy this precut at Dierbergs or Trader Joes)
1 can organic butternut squash
1/2 can coconut milk

Dump frozen meat and everything else in crockpot in the morning.  When you come home stir in the coconut milk and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment