If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Monday, April 12, 2010

Sunday, April 11th

5:00am - bowl of oatmeal with craisins and walnuts

7:00am - Go St. Louis Marathon - 26.2 miles - 3hrs, 51min. Race went really well, weather was warm but gorgeous! Stuck pretty much accoring to plan, keeping the first 20 miles between 8:30 and 9min pace. Original plan was to run the last 6 miles at an 8 pace and finish strong. Actually felt better the last 6 than i have in soooo long. Miles 21 and 22 were an 8:07 and 8:16, then the hills and the heat took me back in the 9 range, but overall the last 6 were strong and form felt good. Didn't see any of the other crossfit gang at the race, hopefully alll did well.

post race - banana and 100 cal pac of cookies

Lunch - Joanie's pizza! 2 slices of pizza and grilled chicken salad with vinaigrette - oh and VERY large diet coke - yummmmmmm

dinner - grilled pork with olive oil, balsamic, and steak seasoning marinade, salad, glass of wine

dessert - cookie dough concrete from the malt shop - really - I am going to start getting back on track this week! (tasted soooo good, but sick to my stomach afterwards!)

No comments:

Post a Comment