If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Apple Blueberry Breakfast Crumble


We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning! No school, no work, no crossfit - definitely time to hunker in for a warm comforting breakfast. The girls opted for waffles so I started searching the net for warm fruit ideas. Found this recipe for Paleo Fruit Crumble on another paleo blog you might want to check out. I modified it slightly for what I had in my pantry.

Apple Blueberry Breakfast Crumble

2 honeycrisp apples, peeled and chopped
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 tsp of arrowroot
1 tsp cinnamon
6 prunes
1/2 cup dried cherries
3/4 cup walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Peel and chop apples and lay in 8X8 baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Add blueberries on top and sprinkle with arrow root and cinnamon. Chop up prunes and cherries in food processor or mini chopper. Pulse in nuts at the end. Crumble topping over top evenly and bake for 20-30 minutes. Make sure it is bubbly. This was very tasty and the girls ended up having some on top of their waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment