If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pumpkin Turkey Burgers

Tonight I plan on experimenting with pumpkin. I found this recipe for Pumpkin Turkey Burgers and plan to try it out with a couple of paleo tweaks. Will let you know how they turn out.

Pumpkin Turkey Burgers
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup onion, minced
1/4 cup almond meal
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and form patties. Grill and eat!

** These turned out great, very moist and good flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment