If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Butternut Squash Spinach Salad

I was looking for a way to add green into my Chicken dinner the other night and decided to combine my butternut squash and bag of spinach which was just waiting to expire in a tasty little salad.

Butternut Squash Spinach Salad
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
salt and pepper
2 bacon strips - cooked to crispy, patted dry, and crumbled
bunch of spinach
pine nuts
dried cherries
Boathouse Olive Oil Vinaigrette w/ blue cheese

Preheat oven to 400 and layout the squash on a sprayed sheet. Spray the top, salt and pepper, (or salt and cinnamon) and cook for 30 min. For salad, in large bowl mix spinach, 1 cup of the hot cubed cooked squash, cherries, pinenuts, bacon crumbles and dressing. * You can use any dressing of your choice, and if paleo keep it simple. I have been loving this boathouse variety lately, so I use it alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment