If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Friday, January 21, 2011

Blueberry Protein Pancakes


I know I just posted chocolate pancakes a couple of days ago, but my pancake experience this morning has forced me to blog on pancakes once again, because they were fantastic! I will confess, it is very hard to get a pretty protein pancake, but even if they break apart they still taste great and will leave you forgetting about the good old fashioned bisquick pancakes.
** Ok, I think I have perfected the sticking problem. Found a tiny non-stick pan at dierbergs that is the perfect size for 1 protein pancake. Make sure you use a plastic spatula to flip so you don't scratch the pan. It comes out picture perfect!!

Blueberry Protein Pancakes

1 heaping scoop vanilla flavored protein (I use BSN Lean Dessert brand - anyone tried Advocare??)
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp ground flaxseed
handful of blueberries
pinch of shredded coconut

Mix until a pancake batter like consistency. Play around with the liquid/powder combo until it seems right. Fold in blueberries. Heat skillet and spray generously with olive oil spray. Spoon out three mini pancakes and flip when it starts to come up around the edges. Be prepared to spray the pan while flipping so the other side doesnt stick.
Serve with a little paleo granola on top (and I admit I squirted 2 sprays of spray butter) Delish!

3 comments:

  1. Where do you buy your protein power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get mine at Golds Gym, but talke to Jen Diffley - she sells Advocare and I have heard great things about their supplements. Planning on investigating their products further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see that you added the All Star Health link :)
    Nikki Messenger

    ReplyDelete