If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Turkey Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms

When I opened the refrigerator door this morning to get my morning sunflower butter I noticed that the mushroom fairy had hit the Teague house. A mysterious large bag of big monterray mushroom caps was sitting there on the top shelf. I decided not to look a gift fungi in the mouth and started thinking mushroom recipes. Turns out the Monterray Mushroom Co is a client of my husbands and he brought home a sample bag. I have had a box of TGIF spinach artichoke sitting in my freezer left over from New Year's eve which spurned my taste buds toward spinach artichoke. Here is my creation, it is cooking as I write so I will let you know how it turns out.

Turkey Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
16-20 mushroom caps
1 can artichoke hearts chopped
1 box frozen chopped spinach
1/2 lb turkey breast chopped fine
2 tbspn mayo
2tbspn trader joe's aioli garlic mustard sauce
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 400. Spray cookie sheet with pam and lay out single layer of washed mushroom caps. Spray caps with Pam. Mix the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Stuff the caps and sprinkle cheese on top if you are permitting a little cheese. Bake about 30 min or until it looks done.

** Here's the review - Jeff and I both really enjoyed these. Only thing that would have made them better was maybe using crab instead of turkey. Make sure you let them cool for about 5 minutes or they will burn your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment