If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scallops and Spaghetti Squash

First day of the new year and I am going to try and be diligent about blogging the paleo recipes I experiment with - the good, the bad, and the ugly. New Year's Day off to a good start with a yummy main dish and super easy.

Scallops and Spaghetti Squash

1 pound fresh scallops
1 tbspn olive oil
1/2 lemon
1 spaghetti squash
1 Tbspn Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 cup greek plain yogurt
3 tbspn toasted pine nuts

saute scallops in olive oil. Season with old bay and squeeze lemon over top. Cook spaghetti squash in the microwave (I pierce it and cook it whole for about 6 min. then I cut it in half, scrape out seeds, and place two halves down in shallow dish of water and microwave 6 more minutes.) Fork out in bowl. Add scallops, greek yogurt and pine nuts. Toss and enjoy.
** Technically, no dairy on Paleo diet. I am leaving greek yogurt in the diet since it is fat free and has an ungodly amount of protein. Can't figure out what could be wrong with it, so it stays!

No comments:

Post a Comment