If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crockpot Pork and Sweet Potato Curry

Ok, its thursday after a great crossfit workout and Im inspired because someone has actually looked at some of these recipes - Hey Jamie!! Today I looked in the fridge and cupboard and came up with the last pack of meat I have (pork short ribs - lean cut). So, here is the crockpot creation I am trying tonight - will let you know how it turns out.

Crockpot Pok and Sweet Potato Curry

Ingredients:
1 lb lean pork cut in cubes
4 sweet potatoes peeled and cut in chunks
1 tbspn olive oil
1/2 can of light coconut milk
1 jar trader joes Curry Simmer Sauce

Brown meat in pan with oil. Transfer to crockpot with potatoes and pour coconut milk and curry sauce over the top. Cook for 6 hours.

This recipe was a winner with me, my husband and the girls - everyone gave it two thumbs up.
I served it with pear sauce - peeled 6 pears cubed and cooked with cinnamon and 1/4 cup honey. Blended in the blender for 10 seconds and refrigerate. Just like applesauce.

2 comments:

  1. Giving this a try tonight. It's in the crockpot right now. I will let you know what we all think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out awesome! As expected, 3 out of 4 of us loved it. I have leftovers for later :)

    ReplyDelete