If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Monday, January 3, 2011

Roasted Lemon Dill Parsnips, Butternut Squash, and Carrots

Today was all about using up the half empty bag of all my random vegis in the fridge, which happened to be carrots, parsnips, and 1/2 of a butternut squash. This turned out great and since my family was not courageous enough to try it I have leftovers for tomorrow!

Roasted Lemon Dill Parsnips, Butternut Squash and Carrots

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbspn dill
Garlic Herb seasoning
salt
2-3 parsnips peeled and cut in bit size pieces
1/2 a bag of baby carrots
1/2 a butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped in bite size chunks

Preheat oven to 400. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, dill, spices in big bowl. Add vegis and toss to coat. Spread out in single layer on cookie sheet (I use a 9X13 stone from pampered chef for just about everything I roast/bake). Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes until fork tender and they look done.

No comments:

Post a Comment