If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Roasted Papaya

Still going with the hot fruit theme - tried roasted papaya tonight. Real easy, here is what I did:

Cut papaya in half and scoop out seeds. Cut again in quarters and roast in oven for 30 min at 450 degrees. I put a little a little drizzle of organic blue agave nectar on top but you don't really need it. After I took it out of the oven I topped it with some of my paleo granola, or you can use walnuts or macadamia nuts. Very tasty if you like papaya.

A couple of papaya fun facts:

  • Ripe papaya contains a three day supply of vitamin C and lots of vitamin A and E, all powerful antioxidants.
  • Papayas help improve skin and strengthen nails and hair.
  • The enzyme papain found in green papaya reduces the itch and irritation caused by mosquito bites - just rub the bite with a piece of the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment