If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Coconut Encrusted Chicken Fingers

Whew, been busy the last couple of days, but let me share a couple of recipes from Thursday's dinner. For whatever reason, if I add the word "Fingers" to any Chicken recipe I make I get a much more positive response from my girls. So Thursday night was Coconut Chicken Fingers and they were tasty. Jeff and I used Trader Joe's Satay Sauce as a dipping sauce which was a perfect complement. The girls tend to gravitate to ranch dressing or bbq sauce, go figure.

Coconut Encrusted Chicken Fingers
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 cup Almond flour
1/2 cup coconut
1 - 1/2 lbs of chicken breasts cut in strips
olive oil or pam
salt and pepper

dip the chicken strips in coconut milk and then roll in almond flour and coconut mixture (mix together in separate bowl). Heat olive oil in large sauce pan and brown fingers on all sides. I then put the fingers in the oven for 15 minutes to finish the cooking process, but I think you can fully cook in the pan. Respray pam before turning over to keep crust from sticking and falling off the chicken. Serve with favorite dipping sauce (we used trader joes satay sauce - warning: this is a peanut based sauce for strict paleo eaters).

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could mix your sunflower butter with some kind of curry powder and sunflower oil and replicate the peanut satay sauce?
    Nikki Messenger

    ReplyDelete