If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Roasted Tomato Soup

Just wondering what recipe to post today when Janet forwarded this healthy tomato soup recipe from Jillian Michaels. Sounds tasty to me, let me know what you think!

Roasted Tomato Soup
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs large tomatoes cut in half crosswise
1 med sweet onion cut in half and peeled
3 garlic cloves
4 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegi broth
1/4 cup tomato juice
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 tbspn basil
**I added half a can of light coconut milk for a little creamier consistency


1. Preheat oven to 400. Coat sheet with pam
2. Toss vegis and garlic in bowl with oil and seasoning. Then roast vegis on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Let vegis cool enough to handle.
3. Peel and seed tomatoes. Strip off onion ends and peel garlic. Place vegis in blender with 1 cup broth and 1 tsp oil. Pulse to desired consistency
4. Transfer to large pot and add remaining broth, juice, paste, worcestershire, basil(and coconut milk)
5. Simmer over med heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment