Just wondering what recipe to post today when Janet forwarded this healthy tomato soup recipe from Jillian Michaels. Sounds tasty to me, let me know what you think!
Roasted Tomato Soup
1 1/2 lbs large tomatoes cut in half crosswise
1 med sweet onion cut in half and peeled
3 garlic cloves
4 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegi broth
1/4 cup tomato juice
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 tbspn basil
**I added half a can of light coconut milk for a little creamier consistency
1. Preheat oven to 400. Coat sheet with pam
2. Toss vegis and garlic in bowl with oil and seasoning. Then roast vegis on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Let vegis cool enough to handle.
3. Peel and seed tomatoes. Strip off onion ends and peel garlic. Place vegis in blender with 1 cup broth and 1 tsp oil. Pulse to desired consistency
4. Transfer to large pot and add remaining broth, juice, paste, worcestershire, basil(and coconut milk)
5. Simmer over med heat and serve.