If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate Protein Pancakes

Its the weekend, and weekends definitely call for pancakes! After Dawn was telling me about these protein pancakes that Mandy told her about I had to give them a try. Measurements are all by feel, and truly an experiment, but they were not half bad and although I missed piling on the butter and syrup, it was nice to have a breadlike breakfast. You know me, I had to add sliced banana into the pancakes and smear them with sunflower butter, a well rounded breakfast with protein, fruit carbs, and good fat. I plan on trying these again with different flavored protein powder and different fruit. Thinking of vanilla powder and blueberries next time.

Chocolate Protein Pancakes

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use the BSN Dessert line - chocolate fudge)
about 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
a couple of tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 a banana sliced

Stir ingredients into a pancake batter like consistency. Add powder if its too runny or egg whites or coconut milk if its too dry. Heat skillit and spray generously with pam. spoon out into three pancakes and turn when edges start turning up. Spray again as you flip so they don't stick. Serve with almond butter or sunflower butter.

**Hey, if anyone tries any of these recipes, why don't you comment and rate them. It would be nice to know what others think and what you did to tweak the recipe to make it different or better. Lets give 'em a letter grade A through F just like school.

2 comments:

  1. I made these for breakfast for Gary & I this morning after our run. It hit the spot. The banana & chocolate protein is a good pairing. I used Almond milk instead of the coconut milk because I had that on hand. I need to buy the small pan from dierbergs you mentioned. My pancakes were not pretty, but they tasted good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these after a CrossFit WOD with chocolate Muscle Milk powder. Not the typical pancake texture I was expecting, but they turned out great. Next time I'll want to try sprinkling walnuts on top. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete