If you have stumbled across this page, welcome to my Paleo Journey Blog . I am a health and fitness enthusiast who in NO way is an expert in nutrition or health science. I do, however, LOVE to eat and am happy to share the good, bad, and ugly of my expirimenting through the jungle of Paleo cooking. Please let me know what you think of the recipes posted by adding a rating in the comments section and feel free to send in new recipes through email.



Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 27- saturday
7:30- bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts - tasted like heaven. I have a 15ktrail race at 10 - hoping the extra carbs fill the tank.

10:00am - 15k trail race - Castlwood Cup at Castlewood. 1:26:11. Really good run. Felt great and had plenty of energy. My inexperience was what held me back, combined with the mud, the creek, and the bike ruts in the trail. Would definitely do this one again!

11:45 - banana and slice of turkey

1:15 - Lunch at Chevy's - chicken fajita salad no cheese - apple salsa vinaigrette

4:45 - apple and almond butter

6:30 - dinner - rotisserie chicken breast and butternut squash.

Blisters on my feet from new trail shoes hurt soooo bad! Went to Chevy's for post race lunch, NO chips or marguaritas, Martini party tonight - paleo sucks sometimes! Oh well, it will be worth it - right??

1 glass white wine - not a morsel of food. Exhausting day!

4 comments:

  1. Steph, I was ready to make the spaghetti squash in the crockpot and I can't find the recipe. Can you direct me or give me the recipe? Thanks. Melissa K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am adding to my recipe page right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I've been doing mine in the stove then using it as "pasta." I'm looking forward to trying it with the coconut milk. Thanks, again. Melissa K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the run!!! That is awesome. Where do you get sunflower butter? Like to try it

    ReplyDelete